So, I've lived 'in the country' for a week week now and I can't say that I miss London that much.
My summary of the past week is as follows:
- Living out of boxes really sucks
- The kids are pretty hyper. They've spent the past 3 years in nursery most of the time and now they have to hang out with their parents all day, every day, it must be weird for them
- We've a much bigger garden; mowing the lawn takes a long time and you HAVE to do it else it gets longer and then it takes even longer but is also much harder work
- I've been to the post office in the villiage* 3 times and have not had to queue yet
- Cathie got an appt to see doctor the same day and wasn't kept waiting for ages</li
- We messed up on the dates and turned up at the dentisit for check-up/registration a day early. “Never mind” and they saw us there and then rather than us having to come back
- Everyone drives s l o o o o w l y
- I have wild rabbits in my garden (hmmmm pie) and I saw a grass snake just now
- Got got an accountant for Siftware, got Exchange working and have all my gear fully plugged-in. Main jobs now are to finish off the company set-up and get the website finished. At which point I'll start trying properly to get some contract work
*Actually Upton-upon-Severn is a town but it seems far too tiny to be anything other than a villiage.